Admission for academic session 2023-24 is closed
Last date to submit application with fees: 28 June 2023 Date of Admission Test: 01 July 2023 (11 am to 1 pm)
Announcement of the short-listed candidates for the interview: 2 July, 2023 ( 22:00 hrs)
- Click here for the list of applicants shortlisted for interview
Interviews for the shortlisted candidates: 8 July to 13 July, 2023
- Last date of admission for the selected candidates: 20 July, 2023
- Commencement of Classes: 7 August, 2023
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the MSc program in Big Data Analytics for the academic year 2023-24.
- B.Sc. (Hons.)/ MSc (or equivalent) in any of the following subjects: Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics (with Econometrics), Physics (with Mathematics and Statistics as general subjects, preferred), Electronics, with at least 60% marks in the Hons. subjects in BSc or MSc, (or equivalent degree).
- BE/BTech/AMIE/Grad IETE in Computer Science (or allied branches like Information Technology/Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical) with first class, with an aggregate minimum of 60% marks.
- Candidates (Male) who have finished studies in the above disciplines OR awaiting the results of the final exam are also eligible to apply (admission is subject to securing 60% marks in aggregate).
How to Apply
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Admission Portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal. Link can be found under ‘Options’ next to the program name on the Dashboard.
- While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.
- Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Receipt (also Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
- Admit Card: will be available for download when the dates for Admission Test / Interview are announced. Check the Website / Admission Portal regularly for updates.
Venue of Test : Belur Math Main Campus, Howrah, West Bengal.
Overview of the Syllabus for Entrance Test
- Logical reasoning:
- Logical connectives,
- Statements and Conclusions,
- Matching and sequences.
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Sets and Combinatorics,
- Algebra (solutions of quadratic equations, inequalities, simultaneous linear equations, binomial theorem, series, AP, GP, HP, matrices),
- Euclidean geometry, Coordinate geometry (lines, circles, conic sections),
- Trigonometry (triangles, trigonometric identities, heights and distances),
- Calculus (functions, limits, continuity, derivative, maxima & minima, methods of integration, evaluation of areas using integration).
- Data Interpretation AND Data Visualization:-
- Data driven questions (pie charts, graphs, trends)
Sample Question Paper for Admission Test :
All the questions are of multiple-choice type. Sample question paper is available for download.
Note: There will be negative marking in the admission test.
The candidates selected in the admission test will have to attend a face to face interview in the Belur Main Campus of RKMVERI on the appointed date.
Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure
Hostel facility is available for a limited number of students who are serious and willing to abide by the hostel discipline. A rather rigorous procedure is followed for selection of students with the involvement of the parents in the process for better coordination. Students have to apply separately for hostel facility during admission (Hostel Application form can be obtained from Admission office). The students selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
Hostel fee structure: RKMVERI Belur Campus Hostel Fees