Admission for academic session 2023-24 is closed
Last date to submit application with fees: 28 June 2023 Date of Admission Test: 01 July 2023 (2 pm to 4 pm) Announcement of the short-listed candidates for the interview: 1 July, 2023
- Click here for the list of applicants shortlisted for interview
Interviews for the shortlisted candidates: 5 July to 7 July, 2023
- Last date to take admission for the selected candidates: 15 July, 2023
- Commencement of Classes: 7 August, 2023
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the MSc program in Computer Science with specialization in Artificial Intelligence or Theoritical Computer Science for the academic year 2023-24.
- BSc Hons or BTech in computer science/engineering, BTech in any other discipline with a Diploma in Computer Science, or Bachelor in Computer Applications from any recognized University/Institute with 60% marks in aggregate (in the case of Hons students: 60% in Hons subject) are eligible to apply.
- BSc in Mathematics may also apply.
- Candidates (Male) who have finished studies in the above disciplines OR awaiting the results of the final exam are also eligible to apply (admission is subject to securing 60% marks in aggregate).
How to Apply
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Admission Portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal. Link can be found under ‘Options’ next to the program name on the Dashboard.
- While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.
- Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Receipt (also Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
- Admit Card: will be available for download when the dates for Admission Test / Interview are announced. Check the Website / Admission Portal regularly for updates.
Venue of Test : Belur Math Main Campus, Howrah, West Bengal.
Overview of the Syllabus for Entrance Test
Topics for Admission Test
- Logical reasoning:
- Logical connectives,
- Statements and Conclusions,
- Matching and sequences.
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Sets and Combinatorics,
- Algebra (solutions of quadratic equations, inequalities, simultaneous linear equations, binomial theorem, series, AP, GP, HP, matrices),
- Euclidean geometry, Coordinate geometry (lines, circles, conic sections),
- Trigonometry (triangles, trigonometric identities, heights and distances),
- Calculus (functions, limits, continuity, derivative, maxima & minima, methods of integration, evaluation of areas using integration).
- Data Interpretation AND Data Visualization:-
- Data driven questions (pie charts, graphs, trends)
- Computer Science Fundamentals:
- C, C++, Data Structures and algorithms, Automata Theory, Operating systems, Database, Digital Logic, Permutations and combinations, Propositional Logic, Set Theory, Probability.
Sample Question Paper for Admission Test :
All the questions are of multiple-choice type. Sample question paper is available for download.
Note: There will be negative marking in the admission test.
The candidates selected in the admission test will have to attend a face to face interview in the Belur Main Campus of RKMVERI on the appointed date.
Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure
Hostel facility is available for a limited number of students who are serious and willing to abide by the hostel discipline. A rather rigorous procedure is followed for selection of students with the involvement of the parents in the process for better coordination. Students have to apply separately for hostel facility during admission (Hostel Application form can be obtained from Admission office). The students selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
Hostel fee structure: RKMVERI Belur Campus Hostel Fees