Admissions to PhD programme in Computer Science for Academic Year 2023-24
Department of Computer Science, RKMVERI, Belur Main Campus is inviting applications from male applicants meeting minimum eligibility criteria for admission to PhD programme in Computer Science.
- Applications are continuously accepted round the year. However, it may take a couple of weeks before the completed applications are reviewed and acknowledged.
Applicants will be selected on basis of an admission test followed by a viva-voce.
Syllabus for Entrance Test:
Algorithms, data structures, programming, discrete mathematics, automata theory, programming (C,C++, Pyhton), and databases. Typically, the subjects which you have studied in your UG and PG programmes. A few questions may also be on logical reasoning and aptitude. The format of the question paper will not be of MCQ type.
Areas of Research:
- Graph theory and Graph Algorithms
- System and Software Reliability
- Computational Geometry
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Deep Learning
- Optimization for Machine Learning
- MSc / MTech Computer Science with minimum 60%, CGPA 7/10
- MTech Electronics & Communication / Electrical with minimum 60%, CGPA 7/10
- NET JRF / CSIR qualified- Preferred
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal.
- While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.
- Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Receipt (also Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
Number of vacancies: 4
Programme Course work Requirements:
- A student who is admitted into the Doctoral Programme must successfully complete a minimum of four courses relevant to his area of research as part of his/her degree requirement.
- The coursework shall be treated as a prerequisite for Ph.D. preparation. A minimum of four credits shall be assigned to one or more courses on Research Methodology which could cover areas such as quantitative methods, qualitative methods, computer applications, research ethics, and review of published research in the relevant field, fieldwork, etc.
- All candidates admitted to the Ph.D. programmes shall be required to complete the course work prescribed by the Department during the initial one or two semesters.
PhD programme fees structure is given on the page: PhD Fee Structure
Hostel facility is available for a limited number of students who are serious and willing to abide by the hostel discipline. Students have to apply separately for hostel facility during admission (Hostel Application form can be obtained from Admission office). The students selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
Hostel fee structure: RKMVERI Belur Campus Hostel Fees