Admission to MSc in Computer Science (CS) 2020: Call for Application
Eligibility to Apply
- Male Students of BSc Hons or BTech in computer science/engineering, BTech in any other discipline with a Diploma in Computer Science, or Bachelor in Computer Applications from any recognized University/Institute with 60% marks in aggregate (in the case of Hons students: 60% in Hons subject) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have finished studies in the above disciplines OR awaiting the results of the final exam are also eligible to apply (admission is subject to securing 60% marks in aggregate).
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 and Lockdown, entrance exam/interview/admission, etc., have been postponed beyond 15 August 2020; exact dates would be notified soon; below tentative dates are given.
- Last date for receiving applications: 15 August 2020
Written admission test: Sunday, 26 July 2020 (TENTATIVE) , from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm (2 hrs) Announcement of results of the admission test : 28 July 2020 (TENTATIVE) at 3:00 pm Viva-voce test/interview for shortlisted candidates: (TENTATIVE) 30, 31 July and 1st Aug 2020, starting at 10:00 am. Last day to get admitted to the degree program: — Commencement of classes : —
How to Apply
- Online Application Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then Login and Apply.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal.
- While applying online, attach the scan copies of your passport size photo and mark-sheets.
- Once the Application form is successfully submitted and the fee is paid, Admit Card can be downloaded and printed from the Online Application Portal.
- Applicants need to bring the Admit Card on the day of the entrance examination. Alternatively, they may carry their Admit Card (PDF) in their smart-phone.
Admission Test (Entrance Test)
Note: The Entrance Test will be conducted online. Students should be equipped with both a laptop and a smartphone with a stable internet connection.
Overview of the Syllabus for Entrance Test
- Logical Reasoning:
- Logical connectives,
- Statements and Conclusions,
- Matching and sequences.
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Sets and Combinatorics,
- Algebra (solutions of quadratic equations, inequalities, simultaneous linear equations, binomial theorem, series, AP, GP, HP, matrices),
- Euclidean geometry, Coordinate geometry (lines, circles, conic sections),
- Trigonometry (triangles, trigonometric identities, heights and distances),
- Calculus (functions, limits, continuity, derivative, maxima & minima, methods of integration, evaluation of areas using integration).
- Data Interpretation AND Data Visualization:-
- Data driven questions (pie charts, graphs, trends)
- Computer Science Concepts: Data Structures and Algorithms, Basic Programming Skills (C/C++).
Sample question paper is available for download. Note that because of a different syllabus some questoins may not be applicable for this year. Especially you won’t see any question on logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude there. Check sample question paper for questions on logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude.
Belur Main Campus (just at the entrance of Belur Math)
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
Belur Math, Howrah 711202, West Bengal
Click here for directions to reach the Belur Campus.
Applicants from outside West Bengal desiring to appear for the written admission test in venues near their place of residence may send a separate request by email to: Arrangements will be made as far as practicable to conduct the exams in the Centres of Ramakrishna Mission nearest to their place.
Announcement of Results
Shortlisted candidates on the basis of the performance in the written test on 7 June 2020, Sunday will be announced on 9 June Monday at 3:00 pm. These shortlisted candidates should appear for a viva-voce test on 10-13 June starting at 10:00 am.
Candidates finally selected may take admission immediately after the announcement of their final selection. The last date by which they should get admitted is 21 June Sunday 2020. Classes will begin on 01 July 2020, (Wednesday) at 10:00 am.
Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure (Lab based)
A limited number of hostel facilities are available to students who are serious and willing to abide by hostel discipline. A rather rigorous procedure shall be followed for selection of students with the involvement of the parents in the process for better coordination.
The fee structure is as given in : RKMVERI Belur Campus Hostel Fees
Those selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
Head of the Department/-