Eligibility to Apply
- Male Students of BSc Hons or BTech in computer science/engineering, BTech in any other discipline with a Diploma in Computer Science, or Bachelor in Computer Applications from any recognized University/Institute with 60% marks in aggregate (in the case of Hons students: 60% in Hons subject) are eligible to apply.
Owing to popular request from student community the last date for receipt of applications, and examination dates are extended.
- 29 April 2018, Sunday: Last date for receiving applications
- 20 May 2018, Sunday: Written admission test from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (2 hrs)
- 21 May 2018, Monday: Announcement of results of the admission test @ 1:00 pm.
- 22 May 2018, Tuesday: Viva-voce/interview for shortlisted candidates @ 11:00 am.
- 1 June 2018, Friday: Commencement of classes from 10:00 am.
How to Apply
Application forms and Admit Card can either be downloaded from the links given at the bottom on this page or collected from the University’s central office at Belur (just outside the Belur Math main gate). Please read the instructions printed in the application form carefully. All the relevant information of the application must be duly filled and submitted along with a fee of Rs.300/-. It can be either a demand draft for Rs 300/- made in favour of ‘Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute’ payable at Belur Math, Howrah, (preferably UBI or SBI) or by cash. Completed application forms can be submitted in any of the following ways as given below.
- Send the completed application form with the demand draft to the following address on/before the above-mentioned last date.
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
PO Belur Math
Howrah, West Bengal 711202
- Submit the completed form in person with the demand draft or cash to the University’s central office at Belur on/before the above-mentioned last date.
- Send the completed application preferably in pdf format by email to: email@example.com.
Bring a printout of the completed application form and printout of the email sent to us along with the demand draft or cash to the University’s central office at Belur on the day of the entrance test at least half hour before the commencement of the admission test.
Applicants have to duly fill the admit card details and bring it on the day of admission test. Please do not submit the admit card along with your application.
Topics for Admission Test
C, C++, Data Structures and algorithms, Automata Theory, Operating systems, Database, Digital Logic, Permutations and combinations, Propositional Logic, Set Theory, Probability. Sample question paper is available for download.
Announcement of Results
Shortlisted candidates on the basis of the performance in the written test on 20 May, Sunday will be announced the next day 21 May, Monday at 1:00 pm. These shortlisted candidates should appear for a viva-voce test on 22 May(Tuesday) at 11:00 am.
Candidates finally selected may take admission immediately after the announcement of their final selection. The last date by which they should get admitted is 29 May, Tuesday 2018. Classes will begin on 1 June 2018, Friday at 10:00 am.
Admission process shall begin immediately after the interview. Those candidates permitted and willing to take admission may get admitted immediately by paying a total amount of Rs 17,050/ having the following breakup.
- Tution fee – Rs 6000/- for the first semester plus
- Admission cum registration fee (one time)- Rs 5000/-
- Lab fee – Rs 3000/-
- Examination fee – Rs 1000/-
- Id Card – Rs 50/-
- Caution Deposit (one time, refundable) – Rs 2000/-
Selected candidates have to take admission by paying the requisite fees . Those who fail to take admission before the stipulated date without explicit permission from the authority will run the risk of forfeiting their admission.
Limited number of seats for male candidates are available in the hostel attached to the Institution campus. Students requiring admission to hostels have to apply separately. The fee structure is as given below:
- Hostel admission fees (one time): Rs 500/-
- Per month Hostel accommodation fee: Rs 500/-
- Hostel Deposit (one time, refundable) – Rs 5000/-
- Approximately Rs 2500/- for meal charges (variable as per the mess system)
Those selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
Application Form and Admit Card