Eligibility to Apply
- Male Students of BSc Hons or BTech in computer science/engineering, BTech in any other discipline with a Diploma in Computer Science, or Bachelor in Computer Applications from any recognized University/Institute with 60% marks in aggregate (in the case of Hons students: 60% in Hons subject) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have finished studies in the above disciplines OR awaiting the results of the final exam are also eligible to apply (admission is subject to securing 60% marks in aggregate).
Owing to popular request from student community the last date for receipt of applications is extended.
- 31 May 2019, Wednesday: Last date for receiving applications
- 8 June 2019, Saturday: Written admission test from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm (2 hrs)
- 10 June 2019, Monday: Announcement of results of the admission test @ 3:00 pm.
- 17-18 June 2019, Viva-voce test/interview for shortlisted candidates starting @ 11:00 am.
- 21 June 2019, Last day to get admitted to the degree program.
- 1 July 2019, Monday: Commencement of classes from 10:00 am.
How to Apply
- Online Application Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then Login and Apply.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal.
- While applying online, attach the scan copies of your passport size photo and mark-sheets.
- Once the Application form is successfully submitted and the fee is paid, Admit Card can be downloaded and printed from the Online Application Portal.
- Applicants need to bring the Admit Card on the day of the entrance examination. Alternatively, they may carry their Admit Card (PDF) in their smart-phone.
Admission Test (Entrance Test)
Topics for Admission Test
C, C++, Data Structures and algorithms, Automata Theory, Operating systems, Database, Digital Logic, Permutations and combinations, Propositional Logic, Set Theory, Probability. Sample question paper is available for download.
Belur Main Campus (just at the entrance of Belur Math)
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
Belur Math, Howrah 711202, West Bengal
Click here for directions to reach the Belur Campus.
Applicants from outside West Bengal desiring to appear for the written admission test in venues near their place of residence may send a separate request by email to: Arrangements will be made as far as practicable to conduct the exams in the Centres of Ramakrishna Mission nearest to their place.
Announcement of Results
Shortlisted candidates on the basis of the performance in the written test on 8 June Saturday will be announced the next day 10 June Monday at 3:00 pm. These shortlisted candidates should appear for a viva-voce test on 17-18 June starting at 11:00 am.
Candidates finally selected may take admission immediately after the announcement of their final selection. The last date by which they should get admitted is 21 June Friday 2019. Classes will begin on 01 July 2019, Monday at 10:00 am.
Admission process shall begin immediately after the interview. Those candidates permitted and willing to take admission may get admitted immediately by paying a total amount of Rs 17,050/ having the following breakup.
- Tution fee – Rs 6000/- for the first semester plus
- Admission cum registration fee (one time)- Rs 5000/-
- Lab fee – Rs 3000/-
- Examination fee – Rs 1000/-
- Id Card – Rs 50/-
- Caution Deposit (one time, refundable) – Rs 2000/-
Selected candidates have to take admission by paying the requisite fees . Those who fail to take admission before the stipulated date without explicit permission from the authority will run the risk of forfeiting their admission.
Limited number of seats for male candidates are available in the hostel attached to the Institution campus. Students requiring admission to hostels have to apply separately. The fee structure is as given below:
Hostel admission fees (one time): Rs. 500/-Hostel Deposit (one time, refundable) – Rs. 5000/- Total to be paid every Month:Hostel accommodation fee: Rs 500/-Approximately Rs. 2500/- for mess charges (variable as per the mess system)
Those selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
Head of the Department/-