Admission to MSc in Big Data Analytics (BDA) 2020: Call for Application
Applications are invited from male candidates for admission to MSc in Big Data Analytics (also known as Data Science) at Belur Campus for the Academic session starting July-2019.
Eligibility to Apply
- B.Sc. (Hons.)/ MSc (or equivalent) in any of the following subjects: Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics (with Econometrics), Physics (with Mathematics and Statistics as general subjects, preferred), Electronics, with at least 60% marks in the Hons. subjects in BSc or MSc, (or equivalent degree).
- BE/BTech/AMIE/Grad IETE in Computer Science (or allied branches like Information Technology/Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical) with first class, with an aggregate minimum of 60% marks.
- Candidates who have finished studies in the above disciplines OR awaiting the results of the final exam are also eligible to apply (admission is subject to securing 60% marks in aggregate).
- 31 May 2020, Sunday: Last date for receiving applications
- 7 June 2020, Sunday: Written admission test from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (2 hrs)
- 9 June 2020, Tuesday: Announcement of results of the admission test @ 3:00 pm.
- 10-13 June 2020, Viva-voce/interview for shortlisted candidates starting @ 10:00 am.
- 21 June 2020, Last day to get admitted to the degree program.
- 1 July 2020, Wednesday: Commencement of classes from 10:00 am.
How to Apply
- Online Application Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then Login and Apply.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal.
- While applying online, attach the scan copies of your passport size photo and mark-sheets.
- Once the Application form is successfully submitted and the fee is paid, Admit Card can be downloaded and printed from the Online Application Portal.
- Applicants need to bring the Admit Card on the day of the entrance examination. Alternatively, they may carry their Admit Card (PDF) on their smartphone.
Admission Test (Entrance Test)
Overview of the Syllabus for Entrance Test
- Logical reasoning:
- Logical connectives,
- Statements and Conclusions,
- Matching and sequences.
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Sets and Combinatorics,
- Algebra (solutions of quadratic equations, inequalities, simultaneous linear equations, binomial theorem, series, AP, GP, HP, matrices),
- Euclidean geometry, Coordinate geometry (lines, circles, conic sections),
- Trigonometry (triangles, trigonometric identities, heights and distances),
- Calculus (functions, limits, continuity, derivative, maxima & minima, methods of integration, evaluation of areas using integration).
- Data Interpretation AND Data Visualization:-
- Data driven questions (pie charts, graphs, trends)
Sample Question Paper for Admission Test :
All the questions are of multiple choice type. A sample question paper is provided here.
Belur Main Campus (just at the entrance of Belur Math)
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
Belur Math, Howrah 711202, West Bengal
Click here for directions to reach the Belur Campus.
Applicants from outside West Bengal desiring to appear for the written admission test in venues near their place of residence may send a separate request by email to: Arrangements will be made as far as practicable to conduct the exams in the Centres of Ramakrishna Mission nearest to their place.
Announcement of Results
Shortlisted candidates on the basis of the performance in the written test on 7 June, Sunday will be announced on 9 June, Tuesday at 3:00 pm. These shortlisted candidates should appear for a viva-voce test on 10-13 June starting at 10:00 am.
Candidates finally selected may take admission immediately after the announcement of their final selection. The last date by which they should get admitted is 21 June, Sunday 2020. Classes will begin on 1 July 2020 (Wednesday) at 10:00 am.
Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure (Lab based)
A limited number of hostel facilities are available to students who are serious and willing to abide by hostel discipline. A rather rigorous procedure shall be followed for selection of students with the involvement of the parents in the process for better coordination.
The fee structure is as given in : RKMVERI Belur Campus Hostel Fees
Those selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
Head of the Department