MSc Big Data Analytics (BDA) 2019: Results of the Interview
The following students are selected for admission to MSc Big Data Analytics, 2019. These students will have to get admitted by paying the requisite fees (as mentioned below in this webpage) on or before 24th June 2019 (Monday), failing which their admissions stand canceled. The fee may be paid online via RKMVERI Secure portal : https://forms.rkmvu.ac.in/product/rkmveri-belur-fee-payments/
- Ardhendhu Singha
- Arijit Ghosh
- Arijit Mondal
- Arjun Dawn
- Avishek Dutta
- Ayan Gangopadhyay
- Debantam Majilla
- Deepra Ghosh
- Gourab Ghosh
- Himadri Sankar Chatterjee
- Kaustav Maity
- Koushik Senapati
- Krishan Chakraborty
- Pratim Mitra
- Rajat Surai
- Ritaban Guha
- Ritobhash Dey
- Sagnik Gupta
- Sankha Guha
- Sayan Bhowmik
- Sayan Ghosh
- Sayandeb Saha
- Sougat Manna
- Souvik Saha
- Souvomit Mukherjee
- Subhasish Roy
- Subhrangshu Bit
- Subrata Mohanta
- Tathagata Bardhan
- Vijay Vikram Singh
The following are the waitlisted students. The students may check this page for further updates on 25th June 2019.
- Debanshu Kar
- Soham Bagchi
- Aditya Chowdhury
- Tapas Kumar Panigrahi
- Deepanshu Taneja
- Aman Sharma
- Gaurav Pandey
- Aniket Kundu
- Sourav Ghosh
- Subhobrata Banerjee
- Debapriya Basu
- Sayan Biswas
- Gourab Saha
- Angshuman Karmakar
- Mrinmoy Sikdar
- Pratim Banerjee
Last date of admission extended to 24 June 2019
MSc Big Data Analytics (BDA) 2019 Entrance Examination Results
The following list of applicants are called for interview in the order specified.
|12 June 2019||10:00am to 1:00pm||Koushik Senapati|
|2:00pm to 5:00pm||Deepra Ghosh|
|Vijay Vikram Singh|
|Abdur Rauf Shaikh|
|Likith Raghav Balaji|
|13 June 2019||10:00am to 1:00pm||Krishan Chakraborty|
|2:00pm to 5:00pm||Subhasish Roy|
|Himadri Sankar Chatterjee|
|Siddhant Vinayak Khobragade|
|Dipak Kumar Seth|
|14 June 2019||10:00am to 1:00pm||Avik Dey|
|Tapas Kumar Panigrahi|
|Md Imtiaz Ahmed Mollah|
|2:00pm to 5:00pm||Tathagata Bardhan|
|Suprithkumar Mahaveer Jain|
~Applications are closed now ~
Applications are invited from male candidates for admission to MSc in Big Data Analytics (also known as Data Science) at Belur Campus for the Academic session starting July-2019.
Eligibility to Apply
- B.Sc. (Hons.)/ MSc (or equivalent) in any of the following subjects: Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics (with Econometrics), Physics (with Mathematics and Statistics as general subjects, preferred), Electronics, with at least 60% marks in the Hons. subjects in BSc or MSc, (or equivalent degree).
- BE/BTech/AMIE/Grad IETE in Computer Science (or allied branches like Information Technology/Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical) with first class, with an aggregate minimum of 60% marks.
- Candidates who have finished studies in the above disciplines OR awaiting the results of the final exam are also eligible to apply (admission is subject to securing 60% marks in aggregate).
- 31 May 2019, Wednesday: Last date for receiving applications
- 8 June 2019, Saturday: Written admission test from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (2 hrs)
- 10 June 2019, Monday: Announcement of results of the admission test @ 3:00 pm.
- 12-14 June 2019, Viva-voce/interview for shortlisted candidates starting @ 10:00 am.
- 21 June 2019, Last day to get admitted to the degree program.
- 1 July 2019, Monday: Commencement of classes from 10:00 am.
How to Apply
- Online Application Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then Login and Apply.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal.
- While applying online, attach the scan copies of your passport size photo and mark-sheets.
- Once the Application form is successfully submitted and the fee is paid, Admit Card can be downloaded and printed from the Online Application Portal.
- Applicants need to bring the Admit Card on the day of the entrance examination. Alternatively, they may carry their Admit Card (PDF) in their smart-phone.
Admission Test (Entrance Test)
Overview of the Syllabus for Entrance Test
- Logical reasoning:
- Logical connectives,
- Statements and Conclusions,
- Matching and sequences.
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Sets and Combinatorics,
- Algebra (solutions of quadratic equations, inequalities, simultaneous linear equations, binomial theorem, series, AP, GP, HP, matrices),
- Euclidean geometry, Coordinate geometry (lines, circles, conic sections),
- Trigonometry (triangles, trigonometric identities, heights and distances),
- Calculus (functions, limits, continuity, derivative, maxima & minima, methods of integration, evaluation of areas using integration).
- Data Interpretation AND Data Visualization:-
- Data driven questions (pie charts, graphs, trends)
Sample Question Paper for Admission Test :
All the questions are of multiple choice type. A sample question paper is provided here.
Belur Main Campus (just at the entrance of Belur Math)
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
Belur Math, Howrah 711202, West Bengal
Click here for directions to reach the Belur Campus.
Applicants from outside West Bengal desiring to appear for the written admission test in venues near their place of residence may send a separate request by email to: Arrangements will be made as far as practicable to conduct the exams in the Centres of Ramakrishna Mission nearest to their place.
Announcement of Results
Shortlisted candidates on the basis of the performance in the written test on 8 June, Saturday will be announced the next day 10 June, Monday at 3:00 pm. These shortlisted candidates should appear for a viva-voce test on 12-14 June (Wed-Thu-Fri) starting at 11:00 am.
Candidates finally selected may take admission immediately after the announcement of their final selection. The last date by which they should get admitted is 21 June, Friday 2019. Classes will begin on 1 July 2019 (Monday) at 10:00 am.
Admission process shall begin immediately after the interview. Those candidates permitted and willing to take admission may get admitted immediately by paying a total amount of Rs 17,050/ having the following breakup.
- Tution fee: Rs 6000/- for the first semester
- Admission cum registration fee (one time): Rs 5000/-
- Lab fee: Rs 3000/-
- Examination fee: Rs 1000/-
- Id Card: Rs 50/-
- Caution Deposit (one time, refundable): Rs 2000/-
Selected candidates have to take admission by paying the requisite fees . Those who fail to take admission before the stipulated date without explicit permission from the authority will run the risk of forfeiting their admission.
Limited number of seats for male candidates are available in the hostel attached to the Institution campus. Students requiring admission to hostels have to apply separately. The fee structure is as given below:
Hostel admission fees (one time): Rs. 500/-Hostel Deposit (one time, refundable) – Rs. 5000/- Total to be paid every Month:Hostel accommodation fee: Rs 500/-Approximately Rs. 2500/- for mess charges (variable as per the mess system)
Those selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
Head of the Department