Applications invited for Admission to M.Sc. in Computer Science for Academic-year 2021-22
Eligibility to Apply
- Male Students only
- BSc Hons or BTech in computer science/engineering, BTech in any other discipline with a Diploma in Computer Science, or Bachelor in Computer Applications from any recognized University/Institute with 60% marks in aggregate (in the case of Hons students: 60% in Hons subject) are eligible to apply.
- BSc in Mathematics with CS as an allied subject may also apply.
- Candidates who have finished studies in the above disciplines OR awaiting the results of the final exam are also eligible to apply (admission is subject to securing 60% marks in aggregate).
- Students must have a working laptop/desktop, a smartphone, and a stable internet connection for appering for the entrance test.
- 15 July 2021: Last date to submit application with fees.
- 17 July 2021: Online admission test from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm (2 hrs)
- 19 July 2021: Announcement of results of the admission test by 11:59 pm.
- 26-27 July 2021: Viva-voce/interview for shortlisted candidates starting @ 10:00 am.
- 04 August 2021: Last day to get admitted to the degree program.
- 01 September 2021: Commencement of classes from 10:00 am.
How to Apply
Online Application Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal.
(While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.)
Download the Admit Card: Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Admit Card (also Receipt and Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the Menu/Page ‘Applied Programmes‘.
Admission Test (Entrance Test)
Overview of the Syllabus for Entrance Test
Topics for Admission Test
- Logical reasoning:
- Logical connectives,
- Statements and Conclusions,
- Matching and sequences.
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Sets and Combinatorics,
- Algebra (solutions of quadratic equations, inequalities, simultaneous linear equations, binomial theorem, series, AP, GP, HP, matrices),
- Euclidean geometry, Coordinate geometry (lines, circles, conic sections),
- Trigonometry (triangles, trigonometric identities, heights and distances),
- Calculus (functions, limits, continuity, derivative, maxima & minima, methods of integration, evaluation of areas using integration).
- Data Interpretation AND Data Visualization:-
- Data driven questions (pie charts, graphs, trends)
- Computer Science Fundamentals:
- C, C++, Data Structures and algorithms, Automata Theory, Operating systems, Database, Digital Logic, Permutations and combinations, Propositional Logic, Set Theory, Probability.
Sample Question Paper for Admission Test :
All the questions are of multiple-choice type. Sample question paper is available for download.
Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure (Lab based)
Hostel facility is available for a limited number of students who are serious and willing to abide by the hostel discipline. A rather rigorous procedure is followed for selection of students with the involvement of the parents in the process for better coordination. The students selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
Hostel fee structure: RKMVERI Belur Campus Hostel Fees
Head of the Department