Application for Admission to M.Sc. in Big Data Analytics for Academic Year 2021-22 is now open
Eligibility to Apply
- Male students only
- B.Sc. (Hons.)/ MSc (or equivalent) in any of the following subjects: Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics (with Econometrics), Physics (with Mathematics and Statistics as general subjects, preferred), Electronics, with at least 60% marks in the Hons. subjects in BSc or MSc, (or equivalent degree).
- BE/BTech/AMIE/Grad IETE in Computer Science (or allied branches like Information Technology/Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical) with first class, with an aggregate minimum of 60% marks.
- Candidates who have finished studies in the above disciplines OR awaiting the results of the final exam are also eligible to apply (admission is subject to securing 60% marks in aggregate).
- 17 June 2021, Thursday: Last date to submit application with fees.
- 19 June 2021, Saturday: Online admission test from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (2 hrs)
- 19 June 2021, Saturday: Announcement of results of the admission test by 11:59 pm.
- 20-23 June 2021: Viva-voce/interview for shortlisted candidates starting @ 10:00 am.
- 27 June 2021, Sunday: Last day to get admitted to the degree program.
- 1 July 2021, Thursday: Commencement of classes from 10:00 am.
How to Apply
Online Application Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal.
(While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.)
Download the Admit Card: Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Admit Card (also Receipt and Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the Menu/Page ‘Applied Programmes‘.
Admission Entrance Test
Overview of the Syllabus for Entrance Test
- Logical reasoning:
- Logical connectives,
- Statements and Conclusions,
- Matching and sequences.
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Sets and Combinatorics,
- Algebra (solutions of quadratic equations, inequalities, simultaneous linear equations, binomial theorem, series, AP, GP, HP, matrices),
- Euclidean geometry, Coordinate geometry (lines, circles, conic sections),
- Trigonometry (triangles, trigonometric identities, heights and distances),
- Calculus (functions, limits, continuity, derivative, maxima & minima, methods of integration, evaluation of areas using integration).
- Data Interpretation AND Data Visualization:-
- Data driven questions (pie charts, graphs, trends)
Sample Question Paper for Admission Test :
All the questions are of multiple-choice type. A sample question paper is provided here.
Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure (Lab based)
Hostel facility is available for a limited number of students who are serious and willing to abide by the hostel discipline. A rather rigorous procedure is followed for selection of students with the involvement of the parents in the process for better coordination. The students selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
Hostel fee structure: RKMVERI Belur Campus Hostel Fees